The group is dedicated to addressing issues concerning the quality of life of women in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology. The goals and activities of the group include:
- scheduling scientific presentations, including the annual Boston Women in Chemistry Symposium
- providing networking opportunities
- holding a monthly journal club to promote discussion of recent literature and womens' issues in science
- exposing members to established women scientists
- participating in the recruitment of women to the graduate program
- organizing social events
- serving as an advocate for womens' rights in the department and university
In addition to increasing awareness of women's issues, the group is also actively involved in improving the general education and training process for members of the department to reflect the demands of the rapidly changing science community.
For more information, visit our website.