Here are some important steps to take as you begin your postdoc position in CCB.
- Visit the Harvard ID Office. You will be notified once your appointment has been fully processed. At that point, you may pick up your Harvard ID card at the Harvard ID Office. Please bring a photo ID with you when you go. You will also be given a PIN which will allow you to access many online systems.
- Sign up for Benefits. If you are eligible for benefits, you will receive a benefits packet from the Harvard Benefits Office once your appointment has been processed. Please note that you will have only 30 days from your start date to sign up for health insurance.
- Create a Harvard email account. You will need your Harvard ID and PIN to do this. (Note that some labs may have their own email systems.)
- Sign a Participation Agreement. All persons conducting research at Harvard should sign a participation agreement. With your Harvard ID and PIN, it can be signed electronically.
- Attend a Laboratory Orientation Session. All persons who wish to conduct research in the Dept. of CCB must attend a laboratory orientation session with the CCB safety officer. More information is available on the Training page.
- Sign up for Postdoc Orientation. The FAS Office of Postdoctoral Affairs offers regular orientation sessions for new postdocs. Please see their Events Calendar for information on these and other events.
- Register at the Harvard International Office. Non-U.S citizens should register at the Harvard International Office in Smith Center 864 on the first day.
If you have any questions about you postdoc appointment, please contact Joe Lavin, CCB's Finance and Academic Administrator, or your lab's administrator.