The Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology Safety Committee is composed of representatives from CCB Faculty, Graduate Students, Postdoctoral Fellows, and Administrative Staff as well as members of Harvard Environmental Health & Safety and the Cambridge Fire Department. Each laboratory research group is represented by at least one Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Fellow.
The CCB Safety Committee:
- Receives input from CCB researchers and staff members regarding safety and health concerns.
- Identifies workplace hazards.
- Reviews reports of accidents and near misses.
- Updates departmental safety and health policies.
- Schedules and conducts regular laboratory inspections.
The CCB Safety Committee Chair is Dr. Mathieu Lalonde.
The CCB Safety Committee meets at 3PM in 102 Converse Lab (conference room) on the following dates in 2013:
- February 28th
- May 23rd
- July 25th
- October 24th