The Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology Safety Committee includes representatives from CCB Faculty, Graduate Students, Postdoctoral Fellows, and Administrative Staff as well as members of Harvard Environmental Health & Safety and the Cambridge Fire Department. Each laboratory research group is represented by at least one Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Fellow.
The CCB Safety Committee:
- Receives input from CCB researchers and staff members regarding safety and health concerns
- Identifies workplace hazards
- Reviews reports of accidents and near misses.
- Updates departmental safety and health policies
- Schedules and conducts regular laboratory inspections