Our MR Facility contains 11 spectrometers, including 7 NMR, 1 EPR, 1 MS, 1 IR, and 1 MPMS:
- Agilent DD2 600/(DD2-600)
- Varian Unity/Inova500 (I500)
- Varian Unity/Inova500B (I500B)
- Varian Unity/Inova500C (I500C)
- Varian Mercury400 (M400)
- Varian Mercury400B (M400B)
- JEOL ECZ400S (J400)
- Bruker ElexSys E500 EPR (E500)
- Bruker microTOFII ESI LCMS
- Bruker ALPHA FT-IR
- Quantum Design MPMS 7AC
Facility Access & Policies
NOTE: The Laukien-Purcell Instrumentation Center is open with modified operating procedures as of June 8, 2020:
- J400 is available for sample drop-off.
- N400 and N400B will be available as soon as the replacement is done.
- To eliminate all person-to-person contact, users will set up experiments remotely, and the Center’s staff will load and unload samples. Send request to LPIC director if there are any special needs.
- J400 rate is $20/h for internal users, with minimum of 15 minutes per experiment. No discounts for long experiments.
All researchers affiliated with Harvard University must receive training from our NMR staff before being able to use our spectrometers. Contact Dongtao Cui (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule your training (expect a response within one week).
CCB's Laukien-Purcell Instrumentation Center (CCB LPIC) Mnova license includes: Mnova NMR, Mnova qNMR, Mnova Reaction Monitoring, Mnova Mass, Mnova ElViS and Mnova NMRPredict. All licensed components are available to all active CCB LPIC users. After one-on-one training with the LPIC director, each hands-on user may request one copy of the license. The license is renewed annually (every December for the following calendar year). To qualify for the license renewal, you need to use LPIC instruments at least three times per calendar year. Other CCB students/employees may request an Mnova license but need to pay an annual fee that requires payment with a 33-digit account string by February of the calendar year to which the license applies.
Please request activation of Mnova 2020 from this Google Spreadsheet.
- Bruker E500 EPR Spectrometer
- Varian NMR Spectrometers
- Bruker MicroTofII LCMS Spectrometer
- JEOL J400 NMR Spectrometer
- Quantum Design MPMS 7AC
- Reservation Policy
- NMR Reservation Policy
- Instruction for Operation Varian/Agilent NMR Spectrometers
- Brief Instructions on the Bruker Open Access LCMS
- Guide to Operation of the Bruker e500 EPR Spectrometer
- Brief Instructions on Using the JEOL J400 NMR Spectrometer
- Safety and Sample Handling
- Brief Instructions for Operating Quantum Design
- Tips for Getting Reliable Quantitative Information from Integrals in NMR Spectrometer