Donate Old/Unwanted Lab Equipment
Visit the Harvard University Labs Reuse List. This list is intended for the trade, reuse, and sharing of working laboratory equipment and supplies for Cambridge, Longwood, and affiliated locations. Please direct general and FAS-specific questions to Quentin Gilly.
Green Lab Equipment
Choose resource efficient equipment when ordering new products for your lab
We are working with VWR and other universities to identify environmentally preferable laboratory equipment and supplies. This information will be available through the VWR Best Buy Guide, a green corner in VWR stockrooms (Biolabs, CCB) and on our website. Look for the “Green Labs at Harvard” logo in the Best Buy Guide and the VWR Stockrooms the next time you are looking for lab supplies.
Energy Efficient Equipment
- Bio-Safety Cabinets
- Dry Baths
- Heat Blocks
- Vacuum Pumps
- Water Baths
For more information on these products, see the Green Lab Purchasing Practices page.
End of Life Take Back Programs
- Beckman Coulter: Centrifuges, Rotors, Spectrophotometers
- Mettler-Toledo: Balances, pH Meters
- VWR/G-Storm: Thermal Cyclers
- Electrodes, Denver Instrument
Reusable Products and Products with Reduced or Recyclable Packaging
- Superclear Centrifuge tubes (with recycled cardboard racks), by VWR
- Conical Bottom Centrifuge Tubes, by Axygen Scientific
- PCR Tubes, by VWR
- Pipette Reload System, by VWR
- Pak Rak Pipette Tip System, by VWR
- Tip Refill System, by Axygen Scientific, BrandTech and Metler Toledo